- Ice cubes (enough to fill half a large ziploc bag)
- 1 cup of half and half cream
- 1/2 cup salt (Bigger granules work best, like Rock Salt or Kosher Salt, but table salt is fine)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Your favorite mixins such as chocolate chips, cereal pieces, or fresh fruit.
- 1 small ziplock bag
- 1 large ziplock bag
- Combine sugar, cream and vanilla extract in the smaller ziploc bag and seal tightly
- Place the salt, ice AND the sealed smaller bag inside of the large ziploc bag
- Seal the large ziploc bag tightly
- Shake the bags until the mixture hardens (about 5 minutes). Feel the small bag to see if it’s done.
- Take the small bag out of the large bag, add your special ingredients (mint, chocolate chips, fruit… anything you like)
- Eat and enjoy your home made ice cream right out of the bag!